Follow Percy Jackson’s footsteps and live your own family myth in Greece. Experience 5 whole days of fun exploration and get to know the most impressive Greek archaeological sites in Greece. Discover the rich history and the fascinating myths of the most wow places mentioned in Greek mythology, such as the mighty Acropolis, the inspiring Temple of Poseidon in Sounion, the spiritual site of Delphi, the magnificent Epidaurus and the royal palace of Mycenae - just to name some of them! Step on the trail of Percy Jackson in a family-friendly exploration and experience a mythological adventure in Greece!
What you can expect
Get ready for a five-day family adventure and visit the places where Percy Jackson stories took action! Bear in mind that all your transfers are private – airport pickup and return, travelling to Percy-Jackson hotspots and back– and totally arranged, along with your accommodation in family-friendly hotels in Athens city center and Mycenae.
Welcome in Athens and let the fun begin! Depending on the time of your arrival you can either rest at your hotel or explore Athens city center.
There is an unlimited number of choices, when it comes to Athens. If you are a first-timer, you can stroll around the city center and discover Athens beautiful neighborhoods, its colorful market and one-of-a-kind street artists in Monastiraki. You can also enjoy the sun in one of Athens luscious-green parks, such as the National Gardens, or feed the pigeons in Syntagma Square nearby.
Opt for one of our Athens-exploration tours with expert family-friendly guides; see the best of Athens in a few hours or discover the famous hills of the city and relish magnificent views.
You can also combine your city stroll with delicious Greek bites in a fun Athens Family food tour. Walk around the historical center of Athens and discover all the hidden culinary gems of the city. Let your expert foodie guide unravel the secrets of Greek Gastronomy to you; taste traditional Greek dishes and mouthwatering deserts; get into the vivid rhythm of the city and discover local food shops with herbs and spices! Needless to say that you won’t need lunch after that.
However, if you are more of an adventurous family, then we have something more interactive in store for you! “Play-and-learn in Ancient Agora” is a fun series of interactive and fun games in Ancient Agora of Athens; kids will learn everything about giants and other fascinating creatures of Greek Mythology, while having fun! Alternatively, be a spy in our “Treasure Hunt in Athens” and get all the family moving around the city, hunting for clues and solving riddles towards the ultimate “treasure chest”. Do you think you can take it?
Why book that tour?
- Ideal for Percy Jackson fans and perfect for Greek-Mythology enthusiasts!
- Enjoy the personal attention of a family-friendly licensed guide during all your tours!
- Ideal experience for families! Let your children be engaged with fun activities and intriguing storytelling.
- Visit Acropolis, Acropolis Museum & discover the famous ancient Oracle of Delphi.
- Relish magnificent sea views in Sounio & feel the spiritual vibes of the Temple of Poseidon!
- Find out about the turbulent history of Ancient Corinth and the mythical heroes that lived there
- Discover an ancient healing center in Epidaurus and the myth about Asclepius, the Greek God of Medicine
- Visit Mycenae and explore the Royalty of the antiquity
- Take relaxing family strolls in Nafplio and unwind with fun activities for all
- Opt for the extended version of the mythological journey and discover Olympia, the birthplace of Olympic Games
Disclaimer: The Percy Jackson tour to Greece and its promotion are not sponsored by Rick Riordan or Disney*Hyperion and they specifically disclaim any legal obligations or responsibilities for the tour.
3 day Percy-Jackson inspired tour
Our "Percy Jackson-inspired 3 day tour of Athens" was superb! Marialena was an outstanding tour guide: not only was she so friendly and easy to get along with, she provided a wealth of information that made the sights just "come alive" for us all. She was especially engaging with our kids, aged 16 and 18. Our first day was spend walking from our hotel in Athen up to the Acropolis and then into the Acropolis Museum. Marialena's background in archeology, art history and cultural preservation was an extremely valuable resource combined with her obvious passion for the subject.
We learned more from her than we ever could have on our own. We had authentic Greek "street fare" for lunch and headed out to beautiul Sounion and Temple of Poseidon. The next day was a full day of travel to the Delphi where we were immersed in the architecture, history and myths involving the Oracle. Lunch was at a beautiful mountain side restaurant overlooking a valley. A spectacular day all around. The vans and drivers both days were excellent. This trip was fantastic and I would recommend Greeking Me to anyone wanting a unique, memorable experience.
Visited: July 2017
Percy Jackson Tour of Athens
We really enjoyed the Percy Jackson tour with Evita. We got on well and she was a lovely girl. We got so much information to take in and all so interesting. She helped us take in the significance of all we saw. She was very patient with us and interacted with our daughter who is a mythology buff. Would highly recommend the whole experience.
Visited: July 2017
Mythology Tour Inspired by Percy Jackson
We just returned from an excellent 7 day tour that focused on classical Greece and Myths. My 15 year old twins had a great time, especially my daughter who is a Greek mythology buff and Percy Jackson fan. We had a very good experience with Greeking.me and this particular tour and would definitely recommend them.
- Nikos was our contact. I found him friendly and helpful and he replied promptly to emails. Greece is 7 hours ahead so my late morning and afternoon emails would be replied to the following day. He customized our tour to our tastes (and stamina.) and we packed in a lot.
- Our hotel in Athens was Divani Palace. Rooms on the small side by US standards but good location, very close to the Acropolis and Museum, and for walking around in the evenings.
- Our hotel in Nafplio was a plush and modern boutique hotel called 3Sixty, with large rooms in the charming old town area, lovely evening walks around the port.
- Our hotel in Heraklion also had small rooms by US standards. Great restaurant next door, not a lot nearby but only about a 15 minute walk to the very active city center.
- All our tours were private and most of our guides were archeologists with Masters or PhDs, and good English speakers. The guides were full of interesting background information and we felt like we were getting a true perspective on the sites and history. They were all just excellent, extremely thoughtful and accommodating.
- Penelope was our guide for the Athens/Acropolis area city tour. Like having a friend show you the secrets of her city.
- Evita was our guide around Acropolis, Museum, Poseidon Tempe and Delphi. Also like having a very knowledgeable and patient friend showing you the sites. Loved that she carried visual aids with her so we could all visualize how the ruins used to be. 3 different groups tried to hire her away as she guided us.
- ViVi was our guide in the Peloponnese. Very expressive, clearly loves the history, had a book of pictures that also helped us to see the ancient sites in their glory.
- Demetra was our guide in Heraklion. Very fun and easy going. Very interesting perspective on Minoan history. Lots of info that a typical guide would not know. I did not know much about the Minoans, but this became for me the most interesting part of the tour.
- Our transportation needs in Crete was minimal, mainly walking, with a pre-arranged taxi to Knossos and Museum. The transportation for the rest of the trip was a new, clean and comfortable Mercedes Van with WiFi.
Our Itinerary was basically what is seen on their website, with a few additions.
- Day 1: Arrived in AM. Tour of city area around the Acropolis. Very informative and a good orientation.
- Day 2: Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, and Poseidon's Temple in Sounio.
- Day 3: Delphi day trip.
- Day 4: Corinth, Epidarus (Medicine and Theatre) and Mycenae (of Trojan wars time)
- Day 5: Olympus (race in the stadium) and Nafplio (charming port town)
- Day 6: Fly to Crete and downtown Heraklion tour
- Day 7: Knossos Palace (amazing history), Archeological Museum, and Food Tour
- Day 8: Fly Crete to Athens to US
Visited: June 2017