Let us introduce you to Athens through the beauty of our Ancient Acropolis and the mouth-watering delights of Athenian cuisine. In the company of our expert guide embark on a unique tour which blends mythology and gastronomy in a way that will leave you utterly enchanted with our mythic city of Athens!
What you can expect
Beginning on the slopes of the Acropolis, enter the sacred hill through the Propylaea, an imposing marble-gate comprised of a mix of Ionic and Doric colonnades. Marvel at the magnificence & the inspired construction of the Parthenon and learn about the eras of worship and destruction that it has faced in stony resilience. Set your eyes upon the ethereal Erechtheion and it’s iconic Caryatids, the fair maidens that support this beautiful structure. With our deeply knowledgeable and passionate guide learn about the history, legends and myths that envelop this ancient site and enjoy commanding views across Athens and out to the Aegean. Join us on this journey through time that will show you the very origins of democracy and political philosophy as we know it today.
Next it’s time to turn your journey through antiquity into one of gastronomy! Discover the very best of Athens’ foodie scene by tasting delights such as home-made dishes, koulouri, loukoumades and many more local favourites. Get stuck in with the locals at the vibrant Central Athens Market and see the huge variety of fresh meat, fish, vegetables and fruits on display. Discover specialist stalls bursting with colourful and aromatic herbs, spices and condiments; meet with true artisans who will show you how much time, dedication and love goes into producing their treasured delicacies. Let your taste buds soar as you sample cheeses from across Greece, irresistible cold cuts and perfectly prepared Greek coffees. Your local guide will introduce you to the very best of these traditional foods, given a new lease of life, through 5 different stops at artisanal Athenian eateries. In Greece, we know how to feed people- fresh, delicious food and plenty of it (no morsel bites here!) so be sure to come hungry!
Why book this tour?
- A 4-hour unique tour that will take you from the breath-taking Acropolis to the mouth- watering foodie scene of Athens.
- With something for everyone, this is a perfect tour for first time visitors, families, couples and anyone who loves history & food!
- Enjoy personal attention from our local, expert, licensed guide who will capture your imagination with tales of antiquity and give you inside knowledge of the best eateries in Athens!
- Explore the liveliest part of the city; the Central Market of Athens and wander through some of the oldest, most picturesque neighbourhoods in the city.
- Available daily as a private tour- please send us an enquiry