Join us for a unique road-trip to the multifaceted Argolid peninsula! Experience the multi-natural landscape of Peloponnese with our one-day tour in the historical area of Argolis. Visit the ancient town of royal Mycenae, the venetian-like Nafplio and Epidaurus, home to the mythical master of ancient Greek medicine, Asclepius.
What you can expect
Travel around the beautiful area of Argolis and enjoy a multi-colored scenery with herb-scented valleys and slopes planted with pine trees, magnificent seascapes and shady gorges with lush vegetation. Time to snap a photo-shot at the great Corinth Canal and find out about the rivalry between ancient Corinthians and ancient Athenians!
Your next stop will be at the royal Mycenae! Visit the archaeological site to marvel at kingdom of the legendary Agamemnon; stand in awe before the Cyclopean Walls and unravel the myth behind their construction! Explore the Royal Tombs and the Treasury of Atreus to find out about the golden grave goods accompanied the buried royals. Find the Lion’s gate and see for yourself an exemplary sight of monumental sculpture that set the roots of European art.
Nafplio comes next in your adventure! One of the most romantic towns in Greece, “Napoli of the East”, welcomes you with its Venetian architecture, three castles and stunning sea views! Setting off homeward, we can’t resist stopping by Epidaurus with its still-in-use perfect-acoustics theatre and the healing sanctuary of Asclepius.
Argolis – an area inhabited since the Neolithic era - the land of juicy oranges, awaits you to indulge in its beauty!
- Enjoy a full-day trip to Argolis with a fun licensed tour guide by your side
- Get a quick look at the Corinth Canal - Idyllic sea view!
- Visit Mycenae and Asclepius Sanctuary in Epidaurus, listed in UNESCO’s World Heritage sites
- Stroll around Nafplio, the first capital of the Modern Greek State
- Admire the symmetry and beauty of the still-working Theatre in Epidaurus
- Ideal for couples and families - Majestic landscapes and nature views