Are you ready to feel the real Cretan vibe? Dance your evening away with our “Dance and eat like a local” experience in a traditional Cretan Village and feel the Greek folk music in your core. Join us for a unique Greek dance lesson and follow us to an authentic Cretan feast. Have fun like a local with lots of dance, food and drinks!
What you can expect
Time for an experience that will take you to the heart of Cretan culture! Visit a traditional Cretan village just 30 minutes away from Heraklion city center and live an unforgettable Cretan experience! You will stroll around cobblestoned laneways and discover a traditional village as it used to be fifty years ago.
Your dance class takes place at the village square overlooking the Cretan fields. An experienced Greek dance teacher will introduce you to the magic of local folk music and will show you the most popular Greek and Cretan dances step by step. You will join the dancing circle holding each other’s hands and follow the steps feeling the energy of the musical rhythm. At the end of the lesson, a small gift will be waiting for you to take back home: a CD with Greek and Cretan music!
Time has come to practice what you’ve learnt! All roads lead to a Cretan feast – or “glendi” in Greek - that has it all: dance, Cretan food and lots of punchy wine! Professional Cretan dancers will perform on the stage and you will join them for a night of dancing fun!
Why book this tour?
- Private transfer - Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Enjoy an 1,5 hour private dance lesson and get an insight into the meaning of dance in local people’s culture
- An experienced and competent dance instructor will teach you popular Greek and Cretan dances
- A rich dinner with Cretan appetizers, main course and dessert.
- Dance show with professional Cretan dancers in traditional costumes
- Enjoy dancing with local dancers
- Ideal for small groups & perfect for all ages and skill levels
- Extend your experience to a full day immersion in Cretan Culture. Choose among traditional activities, such as Cretan cooking lesson, bread kneading, preparing Greek coffee with Cretan desserts and more!