Travel back in time to the romantic town of Nafplion and gain a fascinating insight to the first capital of the First Hellenic Republic. Explore an Italian-like town indulging into the surreal sea views and the idyllic alleys of the old town.
Ramble around with our fun and expert licensed guide in an iconic tour of Nafplion and explore the town through a unique walking route!
What you can expect
Our tour blasts off at the Land Gate, the sole by-land entrance to the town during the Venetian period. Following our tour guide’s intriguing narrations, you will come across the famous crime scene where Ioannis Kapodistrias – the Prime Minister of the First Hellenic Republic - was assassinated. Making your way to Syntagma Square with the huge plane tree and the old ottoman mosque, have a stopover at the most renowned Italian gelateria of Nafplion for a delicious ice-cream!
Discover the Ottoman and Venetian traces of a bygone era that still has a dominant presence throughout the town; venetian and neoclassical buildings surrounding the main square and dispersed all over Nafplion lead you through narrow alleys and cobblestone laneways – the most romantic walk ever! Stroll along the town promenade and let the majestic view capture your senses.
Finishing up this unforgettable walk, our expert guide will lead you through secret pathways up to a rocky hilltop where Acronafplia, the acropolis of Nafplion, sits on; enjoy the endless sea blue and let the majestic panoramic view take your breath away!
Why book that tour?
- Your Nafplion Tour can be extended with a Tour to the beautiful Bourtzi Castle
- Enjoy a private iconic tour of Nafplion led by our fun and expert licensed guide.
- Perfect for Nafplion first-timers! Get to know Nafplion; one of the most popular getaways near Athens.
- Ideal for couples and families. Enjoy amazing sea views and picturesque laneways!
- Available daily as a private tour - please send us an inquiry.