Embark on a walking tour of Athens that leads you through magnificent gardens, takes you past distinct examples of neoclassical architecture, and allows you to stop and admire impressive landmarks. Follow an expert guide and learn about the Greek capital’s epic history.
What you can expect
Put on your sneakers and get ready for a different Athens walking tour that will redefine what you think of the city! You will jump off your tour with the neoclassical trilogy of Athens: the National Library, The University of Athens and the Academy. Getting around those Athenian gems of neoclassical architecture, you will find out why they have gone down in history as the “Temples of Knowledge”.
Your next stop will be in Syntagma Square and the neoclassical building of the Greek Parliament, the eye of the Greek political storm. Discover the history of the Unknown Soldier monument and witness the famous “Evzones” during the always emotive spectacle of the Guard mounting.
You will get the chance to get away from the city bustle while cutting through the National Gardens – the green gem of Athens. Walk where the first King of Athens enjoyed his strolls and listen to your expert guide narrating exciting stories about the Greek capital. The tour will lead you to the place that hosted the first Modern Olympic Games, the Panathenaic Stadium, before you walk your way to the impressive building of Zappeion. Your journey will finish up with a history flash-back in the triumphal Arch of Hadrian and the evocative Temple of Olympian Zeus.
And if you haven’t got your Greek overdose up to that point – we know that this is impossible - come with us for some Greek coffee and a yummy traditional dessert in the picturesque area of Plaka! Whatever flips your pancake!
Why book that tour?
- A scenic walk in Neoclassical Athens that will make you see the city through a different angle.
- A particularly enjoyable walk for architecture lovers as it includes buildings of special beauty and architectural value.
- Chance to wander through the serene National Gardens.
- Entertaining changing of the guard at the Greek Parliament
- Visit ancient sites like Temple of Olympian Zeus & Arch of Hadrian
- An ideal Athens tour for families with children, who will enjoy the nature and the fauna inside the National Gardens
- Available daily as a private tour - please send us an inquiry.
Amazing Neoclassical Tour of Athens
Fantastic Neoclassical tour of Athens, guide was very knowledgeable and friendly, covered lots more than just neoclassical and although the weather was terrible I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend to anyone!