Get ready for a wine tasting extravaganza in an idyllic 19th century building in Heraklion city center! Grab a fellow wine lover and explore the special aromas of Cretan wine paired with local delicacies. Enjoy an atmospheric wine tasting led by an expert sommelier and unravel the palette of Cretan wine flavors!
What you can expect
Sup your way through exceptional wine varieties of Crete in a beautiful 19th century stone-built wine bar, tucked into a small alley of Heraklion city center. Let your personal sommelier introduce you to the most distinctive local wine varieties and discover the unique aromas of Cretan wine.
Sample five to nine wines paired with carefully chosen and equally tasty local delicacies, specially picked to bring out the wine flavors and keep your tasting skills sharp; you can choose between a light lunch or dinner and servings of local cheese and cold cuts. Whatever floats your boat! From full-bodied red wine to rosé and dessert wine, you will taste a range of Cretan aromas, all coming out from your very glass! Step into this unique Cretan wine journey of your taste buds and meet our Crete through its wondrous wines!
Top Tip! Make the fullest of your immersion in the Cretan culture with our “Heraklion for foodies” tour and explore the culinary wealth of the city!
- Immerse in an educating wine-tasting experience under the guidance of an expert wine specialist
- Taste five to nine different wines paired with Cretan delicacies
- Spot the distinctive characteristics of the wine produce in Crete, such as Mandilari and Liatiko.
- Enjoy a wine tasting experience in an atmospheric 19th century building
- Ideal for couples & perfect for wine enthusiasts
- Available daily as a private tour - please send us an inquiry.
Highly recommended Heraklion Wine Tasting
Communication with Dimitra was excellent and they can cater the tour for food allergies, preferences or perceived "intolerances". We booked a wine tasting for the following night which was held in a converted 19 th century wine bar. The sommelier was very engaging and guided us through 9 wines and accompanying food such as sea bass and octopus. It really showcased the amazing wines of Crete including 2 dessert wines.